Top 5 Reasons We’re Excited about the ArabNet Developer Tournament in Dubai
The ArabNet Developer Tournament is approaching rapidly. Dubai Knowledge Village is going to host the 4th stage of the ArabNet Developer Tournament on Sunday, 20th of April with the gracious sponsorship of Du and the hosting of DIC.
We’re super excited about it and we’d like to share some of the reasons why:
- No pitches, no business plans, just code: Skill is what matters and nothing else. During the 12 hours of the competition you’ll go through feelings of excitement, fear, joy, and despair, but the most important thing is to not let any of those emotions consume you. Focus on your skills, and you’ll be rewarded.
- Web & mobile only: The ArabNet Developer Tournament is the first competition for web & mobile developers in Arabia. This one is just for the hackers; web and mobile coders, rejoice!
- $5000 is good pocket money: As with previously held ArabNet Developer Tournaments in Beirut, Amman and Riyadh, the top 4 winners will receive $5000 in cash prizes, $2500 for the winner in 1st place, $1500 for the 2nd, and $500 for the 3rd and 4th.
- Talk to people like you: The ArabNet Developer Tournament is a great chance to meet and mingle with developers just like yourself, it’s a great chance to find a partner to co-hack something later or find a job if you’re looking for one. It’s also a great way to discover your own skill level!
- Loads of fun, we promise: Just check the pictures & videos from previous competitions in Beirut, Amman, and Riyadh, or ask any of the competitors from the other cities - it's an exciting way to spend your Saturday!
Competing in the competition is free and offers equal opportunity for all nationalities to participate, but the number of seats available is limited. If you haven’t registered yet, go ahead and guarantee your spot by registering on our website You can find more information about the specific rounds and scheduling of the competition by visiting its page.
See you there :)