FabricAid wins ‘Get in the Ring’ Beirut
FabricAid were crowned the winners at the first edition of startup competition ‘Get in the Ring Beirut’ that took place on April 28th.
Get in the Ring is a global competition where startups battle against each other through several rounds that tackle aspects such as team, business model, and finances. Along the way, the entrepreneurs receive pitch training, advice regarding their businesses, and the opportunity to meet with investors, business leaders, potential customers, and like-minded entrepreneurs.
The local winning startups will travel to Cascais, Portugal, where the final score will be settled and the winners crowned.
Following pitch training and mentorship sessions, 6 local finalists participated in the ‘Get in the Ring Beirut’ battles, pitching their businesses to an audience comprising of 2000 investors, experts, and media representatives.
Fabric Aid, which enables underprivileged people to get decent clothing at affordable prices, received $2.5K in cash as well as a spot at the Global Meetup in Portugal in May to represent Lebanon in the Middleweight class ($600K-$3M valuation). The 1st runner up, Spike, a Speed@BDD startup developing a mobile assistant that helps diabetics better manage their diabetes, won $1.5K and the 2nd runner up, Sidelick, who recently launched an online platform that connects pet owners to pet lovers, also received $1K.
Here are the 6 finalists that participated in the competition:
- Spike is a mobile assistant that helps diabetics better manage their diabetes. Spike monitors the patient's daily behavior and jumps in with reminders and tips when needed about insulin, food, activity, etc.
- Mabsoot Labs is a platform that offers unique and out-of-the-box experiences designed and led by talented and passionate local hosts.
- Lemonade Fashion provides users with complete control over their fashion by making bespoke custom-made fashion affordable and accessible.
- CraveHome is an online homemade food ordering and delivery platform that connects users to local home cooks whose kitchens are certified by the platform's food safety program.
- FabricAID enables underprivileged people to get decent clothing at affordable prices' through increasing the efficiency of second hand clothes collection, sorting and distribution.
- Sidelick is an online platform that connects pet owners to pet lovers around them, acting like a pet-service marketplace connecting individuals to the pet community on demand.