Applications for She Entrepreneurs Open Until October 4
She Entrepreneurs, an initiative from the Swedish Institute (SI), announced the call for applications until October 4. The initiative is a leadership training within the context of working for an equal and sustainable society using entrepreneurial principles. It is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning.
About She Entrepreneurs
The overarching purpose of She Entrepreneurs is to support young women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and Sweden and allow them to emerge with a strong and active network of like-minded women who support each other in driving important changes in society.
She Entrepreneurs’ program is also geared towards personal and professional development. Participants will learn to think like entrepreneurs – from generating ideas to executing a strategic and sustainable business model.
The program will help increase participants’ knowledge on topics such as social entrepreneurship, business development, communication, branding, sales, finance, and funding. It delivers the tools and opportunity to develop social initiatives and business plans.
She Entrepreneurs also gives the participants individual feedback on their social business initiatives from leading social and business entrepreneurs and group mentors in Sweden and MENA.
Participants of She Entrepreneurs 2015. (Source: SI Website)
Who is Eligible to apply?
All participants conforming to the following criteria can apply to She Entrepreneurship:
- Women between the age of 20 and 36.
- Owners of an ongoing business initiative aimed at positive social change through entrepreneurial principles.
- Citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Candidates with a proficient command of both written and spoken English, as well as basic knowledge of the internet and new technologies.
How to Submit the Application?
The call for application open September 8, and closes October 4. However, the application portal will be closed down for 48 hours during September 27 – 28, which will inhibit those who are interested to submit their application.
To submit an application, follow these steps:
- Download and fill out our She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2018.
- Go to the application portal.
- UPLOAD the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- Upload an updated CV in English.
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the program.
Interactive workshops and seminars. (Source: Swedish Institute Website)
Practical Details About the Program
During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs program offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
The program is divided into two modules:
- A two-week module in Sweden (12 – 23 March 2018)
- A concluding one-week module (17 – 23 September 2018) in Sweden or another location
The hands-on and practical study program consists of: seminars, workshops, interactive learning methods combined with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises, facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance, and study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs.
For more information about the program, click here.
To apply, click here.