Etisalat Launches Latest DFA Challenges
Etisalat Digital has launched its latest challenges as part of its partnership with Dubai Future Accelerators (DFA), a government initiative aiming to bring the world’s most exciting and transformative technology scale-ups to Dubai to collaborate with local entities and find solutions for future challenges.
The Cohort 4 Challenges aim to:
1) Accelerate Etisalat’s transformation to a digital telco by increasing customer adoption of digital self-care channels thereby enhancing customer experience and reducing calls to Etisalat customer care by 50% over the next year using artificial intelligence, analytics/insights, machine learning, and more.
2) Transform the experience of visitors (students, residents, leisure and business tourists) of city attractions (Expo2020, museums, libraries, landmarks, etc.) by leveraging extended reality (AR/VR) and artificial intelligence at every stage of the visitor journey (pre, during and post), aiming at 90% adoption by the targeted audience by 2021.
Applications will be open until February 6th, 2018 and will be evaluated, after which startups will be shortlisted and selected by February 28th, 2018. The 4th Cohort will begin on March 18th, 2018 and end on May 17th, 2018 (9 weeks).
Participating startups will have the opportunity to network with a number of key stakeholders and access to resources and expertise from Etisalat Digital. If chosen to participate, startups will also benefit from the following:
- Airfare to and accommodation in Dubai
- Dedicated coworking space at DFA
- Support and mentorship from trainers and experts in the field
- Access to DFA’s prototype lab
- Potential partnerships
- Zero equity in return for startups’ participation
Towards the end of the program, Etisalat Digital will sign a commercial agreement (MoU) with selected startups who will then be onboarded in the Etisalat Scale-Ups Program where they will receive funding, access to Etisalat Digital resources and experts, office space, and support needed to deliver their pilot projects.
Interested startups should apply here by February 6th, 2018.