Project Space 2017 by Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre
Space enthusiasts and those who aspire to work with the pioneers of the space industry in the UAE, will have the opportunity to meet with a selection renowned scientists, astronauts, and experts of space science and technology at the space event Project Space organized by MBRSC in Dubai. The agenda of the event consists of 12 sessions that include speeches, talk sessions, lectures and workshops where a selection of international space scientists and astronauts will share their knowledge and experiences, along with Emirati engineers working on the Emirates Mars Mission - Hope Probe. The event will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre on 24th & 25th January 2017.
Here is a list of the speakers:
- Dr. Carolyn Porco, Planetary Scientist and Head of the Cassini Imaging Team, which was able to solve many mysteries of Saturn - the second-largest planet in the Solar System - and discovered hot water springs and methane seas on one of its moons.
- Emirati engineers: Salem Al Marri, Amer Al Sayegh Omran Sharaf and Mohammed Al Harmi, engineers working at MBRSC.
- Korean Partner Satrec team member Dr. Byung Jin Kim. Satrec is MBRSC’s strategic partner in the knowledge transfer programme for manufacturing satellites.
- The Algerian expert Dr. Noureddine Melikechi, Dean of the Kennedy College of Sciences at the University of Massachusetts and member of the NASA's Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover team.
- Dr. Al Ahbabi, Director General, UAE Space Agency.
- Astronaut Abigail Harrison, Ambassador of Mars Generation programme.
- Dr. Michael Brown, Professor of Planetary Astronomy at the California Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Peter Swan, President of Space Elevator Consortium. The idea of Space Elevator - a giant tower that can carry us from Earth to outer space.
Why MBRSC is hosting the event under the title Project Space… Think, Inspire, Discover
This event is a reflection of the UAE’s vision, the National Space Sector Policy and MBRSC strategic objectives that include laying scientific foundation for the space science and research sector, to inspire & motivate new generations of scientists by launching various development programs, and creating an ideal work environment that encourages innovation and helps people to push boundaries.
Registration Process for the Project Space 2017
Entry to the event is FREE but online registration before Jan 23, 2017 is mandatory. To register for the event online, go to Project Space, fill in the registration form by providing the required details and you’ll receive a confirmation message within 48 hours.