Registrations for World Summit Awards Are Open
From WSA facebook page.
World Summit Awards (WSA) announced that they’re on the lookout for digital innovators for their Lebanon Competition. Registrations are open until August 15.
The WSA is an award system that works towards selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high digital impact on improving society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting edge innovative approaches on ICTs’ impact on society.
The Lebanese edition of the competition is organized by the combined efforts of the Internet Society of Lebanon (iSOC) the Professional Computer Association (PCA), Al-Mawarid Bank, Beirut Digital District, and Ogero.
The selection process for this year's World Summit Awards has officially begun; the participants will earn their chance to showcase their product on a global stage – the running categories are:
- Government & Citizen Engagement (Services, Open Data, Democratic Participation)
- Health & Well Being (Medical Care, Sport, Lifestyle)
- Learning & Education (Knowledge, Science, Skills)
- Environment & Green Energy (Climate, Sustainable Resources, Agriculture)
- Culture & Tourism (Heritage, Entertainment, Subcultures)
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization (Mobility, Productive Work, Sustainable Living)
- Business & Commerce (Innovative Services, Security, Finance, Marketing)
- Inclusion & Empowerment (Diversity, Gender, Justice, Human Rights)
To register for the Lebanese Competition, click here!