UberPITCH Returns to Foster Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Following the success of the UberPITCH campaign in 2015 and 2016, which saw in 2016 12 entrepreneurs across the region secure sponsorship from Uber for the ArabNet Digital Summit. Uber has today announced the launch of UberPITCH 2017, in partnership with ArabNet, a pan-regional campaign that spans across 7 countries and 13 cities, and which will help create a unique pitch opportunity to thousands, connecting great ideas to the right audience – all at the tap of a button.
The campaign will once again bring a unique pitch opportunity to entrepreneurs across 7 countries in the region Riyadh, Dubai, Jeddah, Beirut, Amman, Casablanca, Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi, making life-changing moments available at the tap of a button. From 12 pm until 4 pm on 30 September, selected enthusiastic entrepreneurs across the region will have the opportunity to request an UberPITCH ride, where they’ll get to put themselves forward to pitch their business idea to a judge. Entrepreneurs will be given seven minutes to pitch their startup idea, followed by seven minutes of invaluable feedback from the investor industry leader.
The candidate with the best idea will be sponsored by Uber at the ArabNet Digital Summit 2018. The sponsorship will include the production of a one-minute video to pitch their startup, exhibition space, branding and match-up sessions with key industry leaders, who really could help them take their business to the next level.
How Does it Work?
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
- Fill out the UberPITCH application form on the app with your best startup idea.
- If you qualify, you will receive a notification via email containing a promocode to use to you to unlock the UberPITCH ride option.
- From 12pm – 4pm on 30th September, request UberPITCH for the chance to pitch your idea.
- If you don’t secure a pitch on your first attempt, keep trying! Demand will be high.
- Rides are free and will start and end at your pickup location.